About Chassis Cab
The Chassis Cab Group is a family run and owned business operating in the East Anglia region.
- Chassis Cab was formed in 1982 by Mr David Ruffles.
- Started as body repairer in Bury St Edmunds.
- Appointed as Parts and Service Dealership in late 1980’s by Leyland-DAF.
- Appointed Leyland-DAF main dealer in Ipswich in 1993.
- Moved to new purpose built premises in Great Blakenham in October 1998.
- Massive improvements to Bury St Edmunds facility between 2003 and 2005.
- Tachograph testing bay installed at Ipswich Site in 2006.
- Acquired Universal Garage, a DAF Service Dealer since 1975, in Cambridgeshire in 2006.
- Acquires DAF Trucks franchise for Cambridge from Marshall Motor Group in 2014.
- The Group currently employs over 145 members of staff between its four locations.